As we reflect back on 2018, we want to THANK YOU for helping to restore the Neponset River, in communities from Foxborough to Quincy, and everywhere in between.
Your generosity supported:
- Two major river cleanups that removed multiple tons of trash
- More than a thousand people discovering the river in July at the 2018 Neponset RiverFest with boating, music, food and exhibits
- Water pollution Hotspots being uncovered and cleaned up
- Our CWMN Program volunteers monitoring the health of the river at 41 locations
- Multiple rain garden and public education projects built or funded across the watershed
- The beginning of the restoration of Traphole Brook (our best trout stream) and a new partnership with Greater Boston Trout Unlimited
- A regional stormwater partnership working to stop our biggest source of water pollution
- Public school water education programs reaching over 2,500 students
- A sensitive floodplain parcel saved and a broken link in a historic hiking trail reconnected.
Thank you for making all of this and much more possible!
Be sure to mark your calendars for our 2019 events!
- Sat., April 27 – Neponset River Spring Cleanup/DCR Park Serve Day
- To volunteer, contact Andres Ripley at email@example.com or 781-575-0354 x306
- Wed., June 5 – NepRWA Annual Meeting (featuring Paul Kirshen, UMass/Boston Professor, School for the Environment and Co-Academic Director of the Sustainable Solutions Lab)
- Sat., July 20 – Neponset RiverFest at DCR Neponset Park/Dorchester
- To exhibit, sponsor or volunteer for RiverFest, contact Nancy Fyler at firstname.lastname@example.org or 781-575-0354 x307
- Sept. date TBA – Neponset River Fall Cleanup