In the upper left corner of the Hotspot map, you will see icons which provide features such as a legend, among others.
- Clicking on the legend will show you three different symbol shapes:
- The circle symbols represent testing that was done on water discharging from outfalls.
- The square symbols are for samples taken directly from a stream.
- The diamond symbols are places where we measured dissolved oxygen.
- The color-coding from green to red indicates areas where the data has come back as clean, suspicious, or problematic.
- Right below the icons are buttons to zoom in and out of the map.
- The home button takes you back to the default view.If you click on a particular point on the map, a pop-up will be displayed that lists the site’s town, stream, and description. It also shows a data table with the data collected for each point so far. You may need to use the scroll bar on the right side of the pop-up to view the data.
We will be updating this map as we collect more hotspot data and would love to hear suggestions on how we can improve it!
Email email@example.com with questions, comments, and suggestions.
Meghan Rauber, Field Sampling Coordinator, November 2016